This is a BIG week for us. This is the first time we will add a service, but not the last. Some of the great things that have happened so far from the addition of this upcoming worship opportunity is:
- We have multiplied the hospitality and Kids Life teams significantly.
- We are providing another option for people. The 9 am service will help a lot of people make it to church who can't currently because of work and other responsibilities.
- It has already allowed people to step up into service by attending a service and serving in a service. Thank you guys...this is great for the mission of Jesus and a great decision for you!
- It has opened up service opportunities that to some seemed full. Since, it is impossible to imitate Christ if you are not serving Him and others, this was critical.
- We have had to revamp the way we do setup and it has gotten 1000 times better. We have a crew of night owls that meetup at the theater at midnight to bring the auditorium together. They're insane! And, I don't think they'd want to do it any other way. The hospotality and Kids Life setup teams have gotten incredibly fast and have built a real sense of belonging. I'm amazed.
I can't wait for Sunday. I have a day off coming this week. But, I feel like I won't be worth anything I'm so preoccupied with Sunday! I expect to see people making decisions to follow Christ that will last. And, that just fires me up. Anyway, before we even get to what happens on Sunday, I see a lot of great things happening in the life of of church as a result.