- He could have done creative miracles as a convenience to himself but He didn't.
- He could have made discipleship easy to understand 100% of the time but He didn't.
- He could have been born into a house of privilege but He wasn't.
- He could have made life easy for His followers but He didn't.
- He could have relieved His own suffering on the cross but He wouldn't.
As, I prepare for the Christus series at Life Pointe, I am blown away by the man, Jesus. He was fully God and fully man. He chose to divest Himself of the privileges of being God while still assuming full responsibility of deity. He experienced grief, suffering, pain, joy, blessings, and a full range of emotions. Growing up, He scraped his knees like any child does. He experienced the heartache that accompanies personal loss as somewhere along the line, Joseph died.
From heaven, he saw His creation reject His ways. On earth, He was rejected by even His closest friends. There are a lot of things Jesus could have done but He didn't because His love for us outweighed His desire to have His flesh satisfied. Jesus was an amazing man. He is an incredible God...the only God. He didn't have to die for my sins. Bu, thankfully He did.