There has never been a better time to be involved in praying and working for the Kingdom of God to come to Homestead. The people of Homestead need now more than ever, life giving communities of Christ to share love, hope, and faith. Check this out:
- According to the Miami Herald, Homestead, FL is the fastest growing city with a population over 50,000.
- Over half of our population was born outside of the USA. So, as Eric Geiger says: "Reach Miami and you reach the world." (I also liked what he had to say about Life Pointe...thanks, Eric)
- While things have become much more expensive, there has never been so much opportunity for the Church to reinvent itself here.
- Doing ministry the way it has always been done is unacceptable. This is the time to harness the power of the Church with people stepping up to serve and being the Body of Christ in this city.
- With so many people new and moving in, there are many lives that are fresh and open to the voice of God and to relational communities. One of the best things the Church in Homestead can do is to open the doors of our homes and show the ancient art of hospitality.
- Miami is fully religious and fully cynical. But, I've seen that the power of Christ and authenticity in sharing it breaks through so many barriers that have been erected by years of religious noise.