252,888,000 seconds. 4,204,800 minutes. 70,080 hours. 2,920 Days. 8 years. It hardly seems like any time at all since Kelly said "I do." She gave her short list of milestones on her blog, which includes our affinity for "24." I could add quite a bit more. But, its a great list for starters.
Some of my favorite memories with her are:
- When we kissed for the first time in Cleveland, TN under a clear sky and a full moon. I knew then that she was either going to fall in love with me or break my heart.
- When we drove my '63 Caddilac Fleetwood from Tennessee to Miami. It took 24 hours and about 800 gallons of gas in that beauty.
- When we went to Vail/Beaver Creek. I thought I'd enjoy skiing more than anything. Building snowmen and sledding with Kelly and the girls beat the heck out of the mountains.
- When our girls came into the world. She performed like a champ and I felt like a superstar.
- When we moved to Chicago to start our church there. We had $500 to our name after we paid rent and that's all we needed.
- When she had a tumor on her throat and we found out it was benign.
- When I woke up next to her this morning and realized I get to spend the rest of my life with her.
She's incredibly special and very much loved. She brings out the best in me. Happy Anniversary #8, babe. You're the best.